Pages

Sunday, July 08, 2007

GBA gets a retro-remade Barbarian

Ever since the days of the Amstrad CPC 6128 I sucked at Barbarian by Palace Software (read a review), yet never really managed to dislike its brutal, fast-paced and highly tactical gameplay or the more skillful friends that kept decapitating my hopeless onscreen persona. Thankfully though, I might just get another chance at beating Drax, as GBADEV.org released a freeware and quite impressive retro remake of Barbarian for the hallowed GBA, complete with reworked graphics and sound. Download it here.

Related posts: Klass of 99, Classy retro remakes for the GBA, watch the GBA go 3D, Simpsons Road Rage review

4 comments:

  1. I tried it but this is only a demo, right? Because after the main menu I went right to stage 6 and after I win the game crashes or something.

    Anyway, looks pretty good. I love it when I behead my opponent.

    By the way, thanks for reviving the GBA flame in me. It's been dormant for a lot of time, since the GBA first came out, and now, after all these years, I began playing on it again. Who knows, maybe I'll get so hooked up I'll start to write for this blog too :)

    After all, I began playing games on my mobile again. After a month passed since my N-Gage passed away I got myself a brand new Nokia 6151! Fuck yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, dear and talented Mr. N. I'm not sure its demo, but it definitely aint supposed to be much longer ether... Level 6? Lofty dream...

    Oh, and thanks for getting that flame revived. Feels nice over here too... Now, enjoy your brand new Nokia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Its a great post, good find and it's nice to see Nebacha here too...

    ReplyDelete