Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron PSP video review


Truth is that Funnyman definitely knows his stuff, is quite the Sony connoisseur and he's pretty adamant in his belief that the latest Star Wars Battlefront offering for the PSP is on the shite side of gaming. Then again, the game has managed to get its fair share of good reviews, usually comes complete with a shiny new PSP Slim and even got itself a pretty positive GameTrailers video review too (the one embedded in this post apparently).

As for me, well, I haven't played the thing and don't believe I'll be doing so in the foreseeable future, but I kinda like what I see. The game is in essence a stripped down, not very nice looking version of the highly enjoyable Star Wars Battlefront II and this just can't be a bad thing. Even if nothing can compare to the mouse-keyboard combo... Besides, it's one of the few online multiplayer focused PSP shooters.

Related posts: PSP 2000 Ars Technica review, Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command trailer, Tower Defense PSP freebie

8 comments:

  1. If you are looking for PSP games to play, then I would highly advocate Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Logan's Shadow, and Dark Mirror. KOTOR is the best Star Wars game. Hopefully, The Force Unleashed will make up for this disappointing game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree dear funnyman, KOTOR was a gem of an RPG. Besides, I didn't know Force Unleashed was coming to PSP too, though admittedly Football Manager is all the portable gaming I would ever want...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I was referring to the 360 and PS3 version of The Force Unleashed. I don't care about the other iterations. By the way, I have a great deal of admiration for both Sony and Microsoft. Even though I own more Sony products than Microsoft products, I appreciate both companies equally. I just thought I would set the record straight and let you know that. I consider myself to be a connoisseur for both Sony and Microsoft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, got it! :)

    Oh, and let me just make clear that I don't appreciate any company, really. Just some of the creative minds that are forced (?) to work for them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if that was a joke or if you were serious, but I am glad we see each other's point of view. Sort of...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I've got a PSP now Gnome... Did I mention that? Therefore I'm buying it. What were we talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your PSP I believe dear... So, happy with it?

    ReplyDelete