Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Video Game Vault - Super Mario Land



I know I promised to review this game, but until then here's a nice little vid about it.

I have fond memories of this game. It was the first game I've played on a Gameboy, back when I was 6 or 7 or something, and also the first Mario game I played.

Today it's still an awesome game. Beat it for the first time not so long ago using an emulator and it's still so much fun. Try it out if you haven't already!

Related posts: a GB PC mod, Gargoyle's Quest retro review, the Classic Game Boy Commercial

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the trip down memory lane dear Nebachadnezzar. An excllent find and one of the best GB games ever. Simple, perfect for the GB's screen and if I'm not mistaken the only Gunpei Yokoi Mario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed quite a bit of this most excellent of platform games this year and it has to count as my most played Mario game.

    I never get too far however, so it was great to see some video of the later levels... Incentive to pick it up and play again!

    Great stuff Nebacha! you're on fire with the old Game Trailers reviews! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beating Super Mario Land for me was a grand achievement. It's easily one of the most difficult and fiendish Mario games to date. I also have to mention that fighting the last boss in the little spaceship was a really neat idea for back then.

    I'd love to see the Super Mario Land series updated in 16 bit for the Virtual console. Super Mario Land 2 is most definitely in my top 5 fave Mario games. I'm so pissed I didn't buy it way back when it released.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Mario Land (16-bit or not) would be a brilliant thing on the Virtual Console, especially if it worked as a kind of Super-GameBoy emulator...

    Oh, and still prefer the original SML to its sequel.

    ReplyDelete