Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Sega Superstars Tennis DS


Again, my apologies for posting another video rather than actually WRITING anything of meaning, but I'm feeling very lazy at the moment. I work in a school you see, and I've only got one day to go before my half term break (nine days off!!!!) and the kids (and some of the teachers) are doing my head in.

That means I'm drinking nearly every night, I'm vegging out and I can only manage lamely throwing videos onto GGOTG. Having said that, I will post enough to say that this game is simply stunning! Running on the Virtua Tennis 3 engine, and featuring such legendary Saturn and Dreamcast characters as NiGHTS, Reala, Ulala and Beat (plus Sonic, Knuckles, Amy and Dr. Eggman) the game also references such classic Sega games as House Of The Dead, Space Harrier, Chu Chu Rocket and even Alex Kidd (I can almost feel a Master System Junkyard post happening any time now...)

If, like me, anything Sega related causes a stirring in your trouser region, or if, like me truly excellent DS games make you forget those bulky consoles under your telly, then this is the game for you. The graphics are the most 'jaw dropping' I've seen on the DS and are a total tonic after the rubbish PS1 quality graphics of Brothers In Arms DS.

I wondered about which game was going to relight my DS fire after Resident Evil: Deadly Silence. Well this is it! Oh and on a personal level, I love this game for being able to play without the stylus, button only style. I mashed up my own stylus control by stabbing the screen repeatedly and far too hard playing that RE:DS I just mentioned....


Related posts: Etrian Odyssey II, Call of Duty 4 DS, NDS homebrew freebies, emulate the DS on your PC

4 comments:

  1. So, there is a DS version of Sega Superstar tennis for the DS! And it is as good as they say the Wii version is... Brilliant! Always loved tennis games you know... Oh, and great write-up Father, though I'm rather jealous of the 9 days off... Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never played the DS version, but it shouldn't be too different from the 360 one (the one I have), besides the graphics, and it indeed is like a little present from Sega to their fans. The only other game with so much Sega fan-service probably is Segagaga, but that one unfortunately never got translated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Comments (at last!) Well it's kept me occupied for the last few days and I've unlocked a few characters. I knew I needed one version of the game and the DS version was a good £12 cheaper than it's other console contemporaries!

    I will procure a Wii/360 version at some point... Till then this'll do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father dear, I'd had commented earlier, but, well, I only came back to Athens 2 days ago :( And please do let us know if the Wii version is worth it...

    ReplyDelete