Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jet Set Willy II iOS

Jet Set Willy II was considered a spectacularly underwhelming sequel to one of the best games of the ZX Spectrum; it was after all more of an updated, deluxe version of the original with a few extra rooms thrown in. Besides it hadn't been coded by Matthew Smith... Looking at it now though, I'd dare say this is the definitive version of Jet Set Willy. The new rooms are mostly excellent, the game lacks a series of crippling bugs, allows gamers to explore beyond the mansion and is as brilliant as JSW ever was. Really.

What's more, the Spectrum version of Jet Set Willy II has finally made it to the iOS App Store, complete with a ton of options, decent controls and a handy save feature. You can either grab it as a standalone game or -wisely- as an in-app purchase for the excellent ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection. Oh, and I do suppose you'll be needing this JSW link.

18 comments:

  1. (sits down in front of 5 pink piggy banks marked ps3, iphone, laptop/tablet, utilities and food, and puzzles over where to put the euro...)

    ..Gnome I think I've got a new game idea...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, lovely. Stuff the Euro, eh? Sounds fantastic really. Got to start working in on it then. I'll be expecting a pitch-doc by tomorrow midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (..euro wavers over food piggy bank...) ?

    pitch doc... right...

    (takes pencil from behind ear...)

    Darkness swells the empty void... X
    Darkness envelopes the emptiness X

    (scratches head...)

    5 pink pigs,
    silhouetted against the darkness...x

    (Waters plants)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That covers both plants and pitch docs. Elderly you are a genious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try :)

    (trips over electrical cord...)

    THUD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...sokay

    (holds up arm and displays bleeding stump where said arm used to be...)

    just a scratch I'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. NNUUUUUUUuuuuuuUUUUUuuuurse!

    (to elderly)

    Frankly, I wouldn't worry much about it either. Just a scratch wound apparently, but better make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay it'll been fine, just need to put some tissue over it, do feel kinda woozy though,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blog Narrator9/09/2011 12:08 AM

    .....not a hope

    you think I'm going to go through another THUD session you have got to be kidding me...

    I don't get paid for THUDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gnome? you okay gnome?

    (stares at blog narrator)

    now look what you did? get me your supervisor!

    (rushes to Gnomes side...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blog Narrator9/10/2011 5:17 PM

    ..but I didn't mean.. I didn't touch him!!

    is he alright? I'm so terribly sorry, look I've got a wife and kids, please don't report me!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. bleuuuuuuuurgghhhh....

    (gnome does look a tad white)

    ReplyDelete
  14. sokay Gnome, I'm right here... hang in there

    (glares at blog Narrator...)

    ..well don't just stand there, you work for goooooooooooogle don't you? isn't it obvious this man needs a Mediterranean cruise.... quickly before it's too late...

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...right I'll get them, just hang in there Gnome... I'll get you those tickets....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. :(

    alzheimers slipping in again...

    oh well...

    (throws script out window)

    ReplyDelete
  17. All is fine and dandy, but am I getting my cruise then? Bah, cheapskate narrators...

    ReplyDelete